Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Chorizo

This was at the request of my sister. And today being my 8th wedding anniversary I woke up early to make it for JM. One of his favorite dishes. Typically you have this for breakfast but we have been known to eat it for lunch or dinner. My Nana use to make this on the weekends. She would have one batch of it with eggs for us kids and one without. She would typically eat the one with no eggs mixed in and have an over easy egg with it. Basically this is a spicy sausage. I have to give this one to my mom though, in my opinion this one is a dish she has mastered. She really does do a perfect job of making this dish. Make sure you use chorizo de res (beef). You can add as many eggs as you like. I usually use three for half of the link, my mom though only uses 2.


1/2 Beef Chorizo (you can also buy soy chorizo, which is very good)
2 Eggs
1 Green chile finely diced
1 Yellow chile finely diced
1/4 White onion finely diced
1 Tomato finely diced

  1. Dice all veggies
  2. Saute them in pan (no oil needed)
  3. Add chorizo and break apart
  4. Beat eggs and pure into chorizo (mix until it is all combined then cover and skimmer)
  5. Cook until eggs are cooked. (do not over the mix the eggs and chorizo or the eggs will not come out fluffy)
  • Great with a bolillo (as shown above), beans and slices of avocado.
  • Wrap it up in a tortilla for a burrito to go!
Here's to some good food!

Extra Help:

This is Chorizo de Res

No comments:

Post a Comment