When you are making this rice made sure to boil water on the side, the trick to making this a fluffy rice is adding hot water to it. Then if you have ever had my Nana's rice you have surely eaten a piece of chicken bullion (or Knorr Suiza), so instead of adding the bullion into the pot dissolve it in the measuring cup with the hot water before pouring it in. You will thank me later.
2 cups long grain white rice (or I like to just Jasmine Rice)
2 TBS cooking oil
¼ medium white onion
2 small size tomatoes (grated) or 1/2 cup tomato sauce
4cups boiling water
4 tsp chicken bullion
- The ratio is one cup of rice to 2 cups of water.
- Remember to grate the to tomatoes before you start cooking.
- Chicken Bullion advise...use the Knorr brand.
- While the rice is cooking I like to add a little bit of yellow chiles and cilantro.
- This is a side dish.
- In small pot sauté 2 cups rice with 2 TBS oil and diced onion.
- Cook until lightly brown (brown rice on high, watching it carefully).
- While you are browning rice boil the 4 cups of water.
- Add grated tomatoes to browning rice and reduce liquid (reduce heat to low).
- Add the 4 tsp of chicken bullion to the 4 cups of boiling water, add to rice.
- Stir while it comes to a full boil. Once boiling cover and bring heat to medium
- Let cook for 15 minutes, or unlit the rice is no longer wet.