Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Salsa Verde

This salsa was never made very often in our house.  My mom has really made it well.  Her secret? Avocado.  The more chilies you put in it the better it is.  I have come to love this salsa as I am making it better and better every time.  I made this the other day to go with my Carnitas that I will be posting.  

What you will need:
  • 4 Big Tomatillos or 6 small ones
  • 3 Jalapeno Chilies
  • 3 Serrano Chilies
  • 3 Yellow Chilies
  • 3 Anaheim Chilies
  • 1/2 Hass Avocado
  • 1/2 Bunch of Cilantro
  • 4 Green onions (use the whole stem minus the tips)

  1. De-Stem all the chilies
  2. Take the husk and little pit on the top of the Tomatillo off.

Boil:
All the chilies and Tomatillos (about 20 minutes)

Blend all ingredients until smooth. Add salt to taste.

Here to some good food!

Helpful Hint:
Tomatillo

No comments:

Post a Comment