What you need:
- 2 lbs Hueso para caldo con tuetano es major (beef soup Bones)
- 2 lbs carne para deshebrar - pecho (Shedded Beef or flank steak, or Chest able to shred)
- 2 lbs chamorro ... (Beef Shank) has bone in the middle and meat around is round
- ½ head of repollo - cabbage
- 3 chopped calabazitas - zucchini
- 4 peeled and chopped papas - potatoes
- 4 peeled and chopped zanahorias - carrots
- A bunch of Ejotes - green beans (make sure to chop the ends off)
- 4 chopped chayotes - Mexican fruit
- 3 peeled and chopped in 1/3 elote - white corn (only) tastes different with yellow corn
- 1 peeled cebolla Blanca - whiteonion
- 4-7 peeled and left whole ajo - garlic
- Boil for appx 2 hrs the meat, onion, garlic.
- Add salt to taste and Knorr Suiza
- Skim the top of the liquid so that all the foam is cleared.
After cooking for two hours on Medium/High, add vegetables.
Every 10 minutes add vegetables from longest to cook to least.(this is important, adding the veggies slowly)
· green beans
· potatoes & chayote
Meat is washed and put in huge pot
This is a super important step, you will have to do this a few times in the first boiling stages
Cutting the corn
All the veggies soaking while the meat is cooking, not sure why they do this
but my Nana always did so we still do it
My Tia Else serving
OUR FIRST TABLE
more people came to eat after we ate
Serve with rice, beans, guacamole and corn tortillas!
Here's to some good food!