Sunday, April 18, 2010

Machaca

One of the best left over foods you can make. I made this for lunch a few weeks ago and was ready to post when the birthday party of the year came up. We through a big party for my son and daughter the weekend I made this, so here it is. I say the best left over food because this really is made when you have left over roast beef or shredded beef of any kind. It is not picky about the type of beef you use. :) My Nana use to make this in the morning after we had finished off the Caldo de Res. Typically it is a breakfast food but it is great for lunch and dinner as well. Serve it in a burrito and you are on your way to a great little meal. I had it with avocado and it was great. This dish is a long time favorite across our family. I can not really remember the last time my Nana made it for us but I can remember all the times she would stand by the stove cooking away waiting for us to come and dine with her. Hope you enjoy!






1 can or 3/4 pound Shredded beef (this dish was made from a roast beef that I had made -- the best machaca I have ever made!)
1/2 White onion
1 Anaheim Chile
2 Small Diced Tomatoes
3 eggs

  1. If your beef is moist you need not add any oil but if it is dry feel free to add a little oil to your pan so that it does not stick.
  2. You are only warming the meet as it is already cooked
  3. Make sure your meet is warm and shredded
  4. Saute white onions, Anaheim chile in the beef
  5. once the onion and chilies are soft add diced tomatoes
  6. Cover and let simmer stir so that the meat does not stick to your pan.
  7. Beat 3 eggs
  8. Pour over beef and mix once to make sure all the egg is evenly disbursed.
  9. Do NOT keep stirring
  10. Cover and let egg cook on slow.
  11. Once egg is almost done mix one more time and cover -- this allows the eggs to come out fluffy.
Serve in a burrito or plate it with beans, queso fresco and avocado and salsa! You will not be sorry!

Here's to some good food!

1 comment:

  1. This is my all time favorite Mexican dish. When
    i die it will be my last meal!!! I think the baby is craving it right now!!! :)

    ReplyDelete