Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Spicy Roasted Salsa

My mom makes this salsa the best.  I have to give it to her, I learned to make this salsa from watching her.  My husband loves spicy salsa and so this was the perfect mix.  I started making this salsa because of my mom and it just grew on me.  I also got a few of my friends hooked on it and would make it for them and surprise them on Sunday morning with a huge jar for them.  So over the last year I have been giving it way.  If you like like spicy salsa you will love this one!

 What you will need:

  • 5 large tomatoes
  • 4 Anaheim Chile
  • 8 Serrano Chile
  • 4 Yellow Chile
  • 6-8 Jalapenos
  • Salt to taste
  • Blender

 From left to right: Serrano Chile, Anaheim Chile, Tomato, Yellow Chile, Jalapeno Chile
(we used all of these)

 Roasted Yellow Chile and Anaheim chile.
You can roast them in the broiler until they look like this, about 15 minutes or so.

 Remove pit on tomato, cut off the tops of all the chiles
Put tomato, serranos and Jalapenos to boil for about 30 minutes.

 Peel and dice roasted Yellow Chile and Roasted Anaheim Chile

In a blender (chop cycle) blend tomato, jalapeno and Serrano chilies together. 
After blended pour into a mixing bowl and add diced chilies.  
Add salt to taste.

Here's to some good food!

1 comment: