Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Salsa con Huevo

This is one of my most favorite things to eat with salsa.  Usually I make a bunch of salsa on a Saturday and take it my friends on Sunday.  This past Saturday I made so much I was able to give three huge jars away, one medium jar and one little jar.  I kept a  small jar for us at home so I made this for breakfast today.  This is my own little creation and I hope it will inspire you to create new stuff with some of our old recipes.  This salsa I used was one that my mom makes so well.  (I will post how to make this salsa later this month) You can use any salsa.




What you will need:
  1. Sourdough bread 
  2. Egg
  3. Butter
  4. Salsa 
  5. Cilantro
Toast your bread in the broiler or in a toaster.  Fry your egg in plenty of butter so that it crisps the egdes of the the egg.  Cook egg on both sides but be careful not to fully cook the yoke.  You want the yoke to be firm but still runny.  Place the egg on top of the toasted bread, cover with salsa and garnish with cilantro.

Here's to some good food!

2 comments: